Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Scrumptious Spinelles

Some gemstones 'speak' to me more than others. For instance, amethyst will always be among my favorites. In my late teens, I liked black onyx (but at that time, I liked anything black;) And I never cared much for hematite. Just doesn't do anything for me.

Recently I have found a new favorite: the spinel. I never knew it came in such an array of colors!
It has a lovely clear energy when faceted. And it has a fascinating history!
Did you know that the famous 'Black Prince's ruby' in the British royal crown is actually a red spinel the size of a chicken egg? Click on the picture for its amazing history!

So, today I made this pendant with some lovely shiny spinelles ranging in color from silvery gray to soft pink. Oh, so romantic!:-)

No comments: