Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Why blog in English?

If you've noticed where I come from, you might wonder: why does she blog in English? Why not write in your native language?
Well, for one, I've felt very comfortable expressing myself in English from a very young age on. I've even written my entire first novel in English. THEN translated it back into Dutch, so I could send it to a Dutch publisher. I'm that weird.
Most Dutch people speak English and manage to write in English more or less anyway, and as the wire jewelry world currently consists mostly of the US and UK (with a very few exceptions), the choice was quickly made...come on, you Dutch jewelry makers! Get wrapping!
But don't hesitate to send in a comment in Dutch! Or French! Or German! Or Swedish! I don't promise I'll respond in like manner, however...

No comments: